- Bezoekadres Joodse begraafplaats: Scheveningseweg hoek Burgemeester Patijnlaan
- Postadres: Slijkeinde 10, 2513VD, Den Haag.
- Website: www.joodsebegraafplaats.nl
- E-mailadres: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ING Bank rekening: NL26 INGB 0003376801t.n.v. Stichting Instandhouding Joodse begraafplaats ‘s-Gravenhage
- Kamer van Koophandel Den Haag nr. 41153304
Brief history of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Jewish Cemetery in the Hague
After the Second World War the Jewish community of The Hague was decimated to such an extent that it could not maintain the Old Cemetery any more. The extent of neglect and deterioration of the grounds and the gravestones necessitated in 1984 the start of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Jewish Cemetery in the Hague. The subsidies and donations gathered by the Foundation enabled the first extensive restoration in 1987 and 1988 of the brick wall around the cemetery, the pre-burial house, the gate-keeper dwelling, the entrance gate and 1,500 of the 2,860 gravestones. An inventory was carried out, every individual gravestone recorded and the monumental oak-trees treated against decay.
Since 2005 the Foundation has enabled the rebuilding of a collapsed part of the 19th century wall and has prevented a large part of the wall from falling over by positioning steel support struts. The Foundation ensures yearly extensive mowing and tree maintenance to be carried out and endeavours to restore and repair gravestones, cemetery-wall and pre-burial house.
Dit bericht is ook beschikbaar in het Nederlands