Home

Situated opposite the Peace Palace (the International Court of Justice) in The Hague. The cemetery was founded in 1694 and taken out of full service in 1906. More than 10.000 men, women and children are resting here. Serene and spacious.
Monumental oaks on old grounds, the last unspoiled inner dunes area of The Hague.

Metaarhuisje

2.860 horizontal tomb-stones with traditional inscriptions in Portuguese, Spanish and Hebrew, the 18th century pre-burial house and gate-keeper dwelling cover five centuries of Jewish life in The Hague.

Graf Saul Halevi
Visitors from all over the world commemorate the famous Rabbi Sha’ul Hager Halevi, buried here in 1785. His gravestone appears to be hugged by an old oak tree.

Click here for more information
Would you like to visit the cemetery?
Please let us know via
info@joodsebegraafplaats.nl

The cemetery is opened to the public on the Sunday of the yearly
Open Monuments Day weekend in September between 12:00 and 17:00 hrs.
Free guided tours on that day.

 

Click here for more information

Joodse Begraafplaats

The Old Jewish Cemetery is an official National Monument. The Foundation for the Preservation of the Jewish Cemetery in the Hague manages the upkeep activities for this monument and endeavours to collect funds from national and municipal institutions, private foundations and individual donors.

Click here for more information

Deze post is ook beschikbaar in / this post is also available in: Dutch